Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Treasures




Where do you place your priorities or what is it that you treasure?

I thought I knew the answer to that question until one day a fire happened...things I thought really mattered well not so much.  I learned a very important lesson when I lost my home to fire...no matter what - stuff is just stuff.  Whether it is that necklace you just had to have or that piece of furniture...well in the big picture they do not matter...I realized on a much deeper level what truly matters and what goes with you everyday during a difficult time and that is God sand His Word!  I treasure HIS WORDS on a much deeper level after going through the fire and you know what...I wouldn't change a thing because I grew so much closer to God through the walk!  He showed up everywhere and spoke to my soul.

Today, let Him speak to your soul!  I don't know what you are facing whether it's a fire, a flood, or even a bigger issue of illness or death, but God is walking with you!

Today, reading I was reminded about our treasures with these words from Proverbs 2:2-8

Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding.  Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding.  Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures.  Then you 
will understand what it means to fear the LORD, and you will gain knowledge of God.  For the LORD grands wisdom!  From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.  He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest.  He is a shield to those who walk with integrity.  He guards the path of the just and protects those who are faithful to him.

Seek understanding and insight and collect the most awesome treasure - a relationship with God!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: