Sunday, July 26, 2015

Imagine ~ Imagination



Isaiah 52 - 57:14

Reading this morning, I was reminded of scripture about how we must become like little children to inherit the Kingdom of heaven.  (Matthew 18)  We must believe!

Think about children.  They believe what their parents, loved ones, friends tell them.  They trust and imagine!  Imagine and imagination come naturally when we are children, the older we get it seems that distrust, wariness, unsure, keeping people at arm's length, seriousness all take over along with a long list of other traits.  Do we get tired of having fun?  Think about when you were small, wasn't it fun to color?  Wasn't it fun to run in the sand and build sand castles?  Wasn't it fun to laugh and throw water on each other?  Wasn't it fun to play in the sprinkler?  Why do we stop?  Is it because we will look silly to others?  We probably do anyway! Look silly, I mean.  After all, we imagine all the thoughts others are having about us and honestly they probably aren't thinking about us at all!
So, look silly!

The photo above captures how the older we get we might loose some of our imagination.  It washes away with the waters or with our age!  Don't let it go!

Isaiah 55:8-9 grasp my attention this morning.
"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts." says the LORD.
"And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts..."

You see we cannot even imagine...Even using our wildest imaginations we cannot comprehend!  God is God and He is way beyond us!  Thank HIM for this!!!!  

God caught my attention with the word imagine this morning!  In a huge way, it was like He was telling me Debbie use your imagination and enjoy this journey!  Imagine~imagination and have some fun!  Life is short!  WE take things way to seriously!  (time and place for everything)

Also, I must share that for those that don't know God also healed me years ago with scripture we read today from Isaiah 54:1-7.  If you suffer with infertility or know someone that does share these verses with them.  Perhaps it will heal them like God healed me with the question of why me!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: