Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ha! Ha!





Ha! Ha! I did it and you didn't!!! Remember, those times?

Painful childhood memories that one child treasures and the other needs a band aid for the heart. Taunts from our friends or not friends.

Well, reading recently I was reminded of the story of Hannah and Peninnah in 1 Samuel. Where Hannah's heart is broken and rather than help another woman in pain, the other woman taunts her that The Lord had kept her from having children.

It brought back painful memories. Yes, I am past childbearing years, but some memories remain in your heart forever. The question that every infertile woman hates to hear ~ so when are you going to have a baby?

Like you aren't doing everything in your power to make that come true...an innocent question that I myself would ask people until I knew that sometimes that was a very hard question. Not a taunt? well when you are the one in those shoes it feels that way at times. You see everybody around you having a baby very easy and for you it doesn't work that way.

Hannah went to The Lord in prayer and he answered her prayer. He answered mine as well with a different answer than Hannah's. Today, I understand not that I still wouldn't like to call a child my own, but God had other plans for me. I accept His answer. Which doesn't mean that we always like the answer He gives us, but I do know that God loves me His plans weren't mine at the time.

Next time, remember careful when asking questions. It may seem like a taunt to her, if she is in pain.

I know that God has plans for me just like He tells us in Jeremiah.

Waiting on the next plan,
Debbie

No comments: