Friday, September 15, 2017

Ask, Seek, Knock



Okay,you don't need to notice that I am beginning to have more age spots!  Yes, it happens to all of us and we need to wear them well.  We earn each and every one, so forget about it.  No worries about age spots or other aging fun facts.

Seriously, the verse that I have really been pondering this week is from Matthew 7:7 and this is it:
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
So, let me ask you what do you think?  Is it easy to knock on that door?  

When we were children we had this down pretty well.  We played a lot of hide and seek, we asked tons of questions and then we got older and we didn't do either of these as much.  We aren't aging gracefully or playfully.  Children have it right.  Remember the scripture about we must become like little children?  Why are we afraid to knock and ask God?  Is it fear that He knows more what we need and He may answer it a whole different way than we expect?

I think I have hit another age thing...where asking is more.  More relationship!  More to this journey than I ever dreamed!  More of Him! and even a little bit better me...and I think that is because it is less of me and more of Him.  When we are brave enough to go deeper with Him, it adds more to every aspect of our journey.

So today's challenge is Ask, Seek, and Knock!  

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: