Monday, July 3, 2017

Sweet Communion



Over the past two weeks, I have had such wonderful moments with special people in my life!  I traveled over 2000 miles with my mom and my aunt.  We laughed, we talked, we were quiet, we were together and it was memorable. 

Yesterday, I traveled with my parents to Ida United Methodist Church to share worship with a long time family friend that was in the pulpit to share his gifts with all that were there.  It was a small group of people, but it was special.  Brother Jerry lost his wife not long ago and this was a special time for him.  He was back in his home town with his friends, his supporters, his people to worship Jesus and remind us what that looks like in our life.

He reminded us that Jesus came here like each of us.  Human and what that meant to him and he encouraged us each to figure out what that meant to us by being in His Word.  He shared that Jesus was tempted and He won and we can too!  It was special and then we came to communion time.  Brother Jerry had helpers because he is still recovering from knee surgery and he came behind them to give each of us an individual blessing meant for just us.

  It was so special to hear Bro. Jerry to give such a sweet word over my daddy and then my mom.  I love these two more than words are able to express and I love Brother Jerry, so I was just about to come undone with emotion and he came to me.  A sweet man that came into my life when I was in high school and is still such a special part of it.  A man that is honest that he is flawed, but loves the Lord dearly and he showed through his honesty how to walk.  He stumbled and he got back up.  He loves and he continues to love.  He is compassionate and he teaches others how to be compassionate.  He is real.  It helps so much when we realize that our leaders are like us...flawed, but still loved. 

Anyway, he came to me and he spoke such sweet words after I received the Lord's Communion.  It was a powerful moment that I was definitely reminded that I am loved by God.  God provided through Brother Jerry such a sweet beautiful morning at Ida UMC.  I stepped back in time for a moment and it was wonderful.

Thank you Lord for the past few weeks for such special moments with my family and friends.  I am blessed by each one and treasure our moments together and love each one more with each special moment.

Share your moments with your loved ones and friends and treasure each one!   Give thanks for each one to the One who provides each moment.  The photo I took this weekend is a special moment that God reminded me to stop and take in His beauty. 

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: