Sunday, May 6, 2018

A Secret Blessing



Nature is a blessing.  When I take a few moments to just step out into the great outdoors I receive a secret gift from God.  In someway, I always experience a blessing only He provides.  I look for Him everywhere and I am so aware of God being the Creator that it is a gift to just be...I receive a secret blessing in these wonderful moments!

In my morning reading, I was looking at the story of the wedding  about the first miracle that Jesus provided. It wasn't a big moment to a lot of people, because not everyone even knew about it, but the servants did!  I love that Jesus performed His first miracle of making wine in John 2 and that He shared it only with those that were close to Him and those serving at the wedding.  Imagine, these servants when they realize that they are in on this amazing secret blessing!  They realize they know something their masters and all the important people at the wedding don't even know.  They realize they matter!  Jesus took water in jars and turned it into wine.  The servants had to take it to the master for tasting.  I just picture their faces realizing what they know, but the master doesn't...this was water a few moments ago, but Jesus turned it into wine.  The scripture says in verse 9 ...though the servants who had drawn the water knew.  Jesus, Jesus, Jesus sweetest name I know.  I love that old hymn and I love Jesus so much more.  Only Jesus!

Today, take a moment and read about the water into wine story in John 2 and remember that you matter.  Look for beautiful moments that only God provides.  

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: