Friday, April 12, 2013

Cart before the horse

Anybody else like me that at times, rather than wait like God is telling me to I try to handle things on my own?  How did it work for you?  Well, it didn't work so well for me!  Surprise, not really!

We should all know this, but we proceed anyway. (Debbie does at times)  Today's reading was found in 1 Samuel 13 and 14 and 1 Chronicles 9:35-39 with the story of some of Saul's battles with the Philistines.  The thing that caught my attention today was the words Samuel spoke in 1 Samuel 13: 10 ~ "What is this you have done?"  Saul knew God's instructions, Samuel had been very clear also with God's desires and yet Saul proceed on his own.  Thinking that he had to proceed because men were leaving him and his soldiers were dwindling down by the moment, he took steps on his own.  Steps that were not a part of God's plans, but what struck me when I was reading it was Debbie I've given you instructions just like Saul ~ trust ME, after all I AM the Great I AM and I know the plans I have for you!  Trust ME!

What about you?  Do you falter sometimes like Saul and proceed on your own?  I have already admitted that I've failed, but when I do and I realize it I pick myself up, admit and confess my failure, ask forgiveness and know in my heart that indeed I am forgiven.  The slate is wiped clean and I trust God with my steps, so today if you falter I encourage you to admit it, confess it and accept forgiveness and trust God!

Let's stop behaving like Saul and trust God when He gives us directions to follow!

Trusting Him,
Debbie

No comments: