Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Brazen by Leeana Tankersley is a great book!



Words of wisdom from the beginning to the end!

Here are a few that I sent to a loved one yesterday from Leeana Tankersley's new book Brazen! 

"Some of us feel like we've been in the ring with God, maybe even feel like we've been knocked out, sucker punched.  Wrestling with God doesn't always feel like a fair fight.
Makes me think of Jacob in the bible, who wrestled through the night with a divine messenger,  whose hip was dislocated, and who walked with a limp the rest of his life because of the encounter.  Makes me think of how, when our humanity is touched by divinity, we sometimes cringe with discomfort.  But it always changes us."  Wow, are you feeling this way right now?  Recently?  So many people struggling right now in my life and these words just touched a chord with truth and vulnerability that spoke to my soul.  Just someone being brave enough to go there and Leeana does this from beginning to end!

Honestly, the title is what intrigued me to want to be a part of Leeana's launch team.  I wanted to see what type of woman would be brave enough to title her book on faith with the word Brazen.  She speaks to this soon in the book with these amazing words "Brazen needs to be rescued from the clutches of hussy and delivered into the hands of the holy, because it's a word worth using, a word worth living, without hussy following it around."  She had me right here, because she knew my thoughts on the title alone!  She knows women and she is real and honest with sharing truths!  Brave filled with courage to share honestly what many of us feel, but aren't brave enough to speak outloud.  We need to follow in Leeana's footsteps and be BRAZEN for God!  After all, He is going before us and we are just following His truths.

I enjoyed the book and feel it is definitely worth your time and your money.  Get lots of highlighters and enjoy searching your heart for answers because you are going to be hit between the eyes and right to your soul throughout, if you are willing to be honest with yourself.

  I was given this book to review by Revel and it was a great read!  Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this book!

 Order it today from Amazon.com or go to her website and check it out!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie Covington



No comments: