Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Too much Division and not enough multiplication of love!



Divided is how we stand!  We aren't united anymore, we are divided.  Whether it is by religion, skin color, economics, political parties, or we just don't want to agree, because it's not cool!  Division is the word.  

Sadness overwhelms me.  I turn on the news and absolutely cry that the voices are so loud, so angry, so filled with hate, but then I ask how?  How do you develop these feelings towards another person and we don't even know the people. Yet, even if you do know them; why can't we accept that this is what makes the world go around. Being unique.  Being special. God made each of us different for a reason!  It is a part of His Plan, so try to understand, try to feel compassion, try to just accept that we are different and you don't have to believe the way I believe, but it doesn't mean I hate you or that you should hate me!

I think back to when I knew so strongly in my heart that God was calling me to begin a ministry that was to bring down walls.  Walls that we humans build so proudly.  We shout our thoughts so proudly and don't get me wrong ( I am strong in my own opinions) but ... we are to be united and care about our fellow beings.

In women's events over the past years, I share that God truly opened my eyes when He took me out of my comfort zone.  He took me out of my church of over twenty years to open my eyes.  He took me to women's shelters, He took me to the rescue mission, He took me I DID NOT GO ON MY OWN!  He took me to show me one very important fact to show me that until you walk in someone else's shoes we don't know their situation.  I also share, you only know what I want you to know about me and my story.  You have no idea what is going on deep inside of me anymore than I know what is happening to you!  So let's stop judging each other!  When you look at me you see a middle age, white woman that might look like she is doing okay.  Well, some days I am, but other days I am falling apart on the inside!  I know in my heart the same is true of every human walking this earth.  We do not know until we walk in the same shoes.  The shoes my be homeless, they might be addiction, they might be gossiping, they might be illness, they might be infertility, they might be money problems, they may be family issues, they may be anything, but whatever it is we don't know and we do not understand until we walk it.  

Hate because I am white?  Hate because of my political leanings?  Hate because I am a Christian?  I ask how and why?  I ask how did we get here?  It is just wrong and nobody can make this okay!  Nobody. How I ask did we get here?  I think the symbols above say a lot about where we are as people...
We are divided.  We add to our own self worth.  We multiply our own thoughts to matter way more than the next persons, and we think way less of the commandments that God gave us!  God is what matters!  It is not about what I think or what you think and we need to get over it and remember what God tells us...
In John 13 these words are found 
A new command I give you:  Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Jesus didn't beat around the bush, no He told us love one another!  So, now that I've gotten all this off my chest I truly want to say let's bring down the walls and quit thinking we know more than our fellow person!  Let's love each other.  Let's look with new eyes.  Let's look with new perspective and remember deep down inside that you only know what I want you to know and I know that is true of what I know about you!  You may appear strong and like you know everything to me, but deep inside you are crumbling...well the same may be true of me!  God made us each unique!  Don't forget that we each have the right to make our choice, because God decided that we get to pick Him or not.  We all need more of Him to change this world and stop the division!  So...let's love each other!

Love your neighbor,
Debbie 

No comments: