Saturday, May 6, 2017

Baseball and Blue Angels



Yesterday was a real treat!  We had some of our great American values at the ball field!

We had baseball, the American flag, take me out to the ballgame in the 7th inning and the Blue Angels!  It doesn't get any better than this...I was sitting beside my dad, who is now 84 and another gentleman that looked much older than my dad and it was great.  I have to tell you it was emotional.  Emotional with the flag flying proudly over the center field wall, my nephew playing catcher in one of his last college games, the Blue Angels which just give you chills and my dad sitting with Pam and I.

It just doesn't get any better than special times with people you treasure.  It really has been emotional with Vaughn getting to this point in his life.  Not exactly sure what his next step is and where that will lead and supporting him as much as possible and then honestly just getting older.  Not so much me as much as all the folks I love so dearly.  We truly realize with age what really matters...or at least I hope we all do.  It is not stuff.  It is people.  It is moments.  It is these truly special moments of patriotism and family.

I am a proud aunt and daughter.  I love going to all the games with my dad to support my nephews.  Pam truly does share these guys with me and they mean the world to me.  So I celebrate life!


Moments that thrill you beyond words, but scare you at the same time!  Wow, these guys are special! Thanks for the show Blue Angels!


My oldest nephew is the one standing up in the back.  He is truly banged up at the moment with back injury and hurting.  Please keep him in your prayers, he wants so badly to finish up strong!

I love you Vaughn and whether you continue on the baseball field or decide another route...you make me so proud to say you are my nephew!  

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: