Monday, August 28, 2017

You are much more valuable than they...



Devastation is all we see.  Daily it is a new one somewhere around the world, this past weekend it hit much closer to home in Houston.  I have friends and family struggling not sure what is going to happen next and words just simply fall short.

Yet, we all ask what can we do?  We encourage.  We pray.  We donate.  And again I say, we PRAY.  All of us are able to lift the leaders, the first responders, the people of Houston and surrounding areas up to God.  So let's hit our knees and say our prayers and do our part.  It is big part of recovery to know others of lifting you in prayer.  You feel them and you need them.

When I went through my fire God showed up in Mighty ways, so those of you walking this path of loss look to Him.  Keep your eyes on Him.  He will get you through...nothing else will get you through.  Others can help, but He will get you through.  He showed up in some of the most awe inspiring ways for me and He will for each of you, so look for Him.  Talk to Him.  Ask Him and keep your eyes firmly on Him and in His Words.

I sat with my brother yesterday watching the news constantly and the hanging to every word and every text, every phone call were obvious.  Nothing anyone said helped, so I just prayed quietly to the LORD to give Hal and Stacy the answers as they await the unknown of home.  

Grieve if you are one of the folks pushed so rudely out of your home.  Grieve for the things and the physical spot you called home, but know in your heart that God is with you and helping you to take each step forward to a new beginning...

During my time of loss of my home from fire I clung to 2 verses that got me through that terrible time and I hope they bring comfort to some of you struggling now...

Matthew 6:26 - Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?

any my life verse from Joshua 1:9 -
Have I not command you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

It is my hope that this encourages and those of you suffering realize that we see you!  We are praying for you and we are trying to help in some small way to help heal your pain.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie  

No comments: