Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday Night Lights



Friday nights have a whole new meaning to them with Blake playing football for Evangel.  I always looked forward to the weekends just like most of us do, but now it's a whole new ballgame!

Seriously, it's fun, it's nerve wracking, it's family time, it's a moment in time that is quickly passing right by.  Blake is special.  He is quite the athlete, but I'm not talking about that at the moment.  He is unique.  He treasures his family, his friends, and his faith.  His heart is huge and this is what makes him special.  

In our world today too many younger people don't realize what matters, but most of the time Blake does.  Oh, he definitely is true to form with teenager moments, but overall he gets it.  

I am a proud aunt that screams every time he moves almost.  (maybe I'm not that bad, but...) I might be.  I treasure these times because of Blake, but also my dad.  We go to every ballgame together and we join my sister and the rest of her crew to pull Blake through each game.  Yes, we believe it takes each one of us to help him through especially when those big guys from opposing defenses are heading his way.  

I know Blake is looking at a bright future with or without sports, because I know God definitely has plans for Blake.  But not just Blake, for each of us.  Even at 57, I know God still has plans for me.  Am I following His desires?  Am I following His promptings?  Am I ignoring Him?  What about you?

I claim the words found in Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God's plans don't always look like our plans, but His plan is always better!

Claim God's Words and know His plan is the right way.

Well, it's Friday and I can't wait for the lights to turn on, the screaming to start, the referee whistles, the cheerleaders calling the cheers, Blake throwing a pass, the defense causing a fumble, but most of all another Friday night spent with family.  I hope you have a wonderful family too!  Also, say an extra prayer for all the players to be safe and healthy at the end of the games.

Sweet blessings,
Deb


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a special time for you and your daddy, and of course for Blake. I know it means the world to him that you are there for him!!