Monday, March 20, 2017

Forever



Forever.

I don't know if getting older makes one reflect more and realize so much more, but nothing last forever...except God.

Yes, I believe the words from Hebrews 13:8 -
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Hope is found in God's Word.  I love the way He surprises me with just what I might need for the day, if I just take the time to listen, ponder, and reflect.  Yesterday, was a day of reflecting.  My sister's lab that has been a part of our family for 18 years is really sick.  Hershey was brought by Santa one year when Vaughn was like 5 and Kyle was 2 and Blake wasn't yet here to brighten our world.  Santa dropped him at my house early and he stayed with me until it was time to move across the street. 

Hershey is sorta of like my other nephew just with 4 legs.  He gets excited when DeDe shows up like her boys do.  Yes, they still like me after all these years.  Anyway, Hershey is a great dog.  Well, he isn't doing well and probably will not be with us much longer.  I know we've had him a long time, but letting go isn't easy if its just been a few hours or years.  We all love our families and loss is just difficult and extremely hard.  Whether it is our doggies or our 2 legged family members it hurts so bad...God knows it does and He reassures us with His Words that He is with us.  He never leaves us and He goes before us.  He knows what we face and He helps us along the way.

Yesterday, He brought to me the words from Psalm 136 and over and over in this Psalm these words are repeated...
His love endures forever.

Please pick up your Bible and read these words.  God reminds us throughout this Psalm who He is and what He has done.  He brings our focus to Him and indeed the words remind us to praise Him.  Loss is so difficult and I don't pretend to have any answers other than to point to the only thing that helps to heal my own broken heart and that is God's Word.  He shows up and takes my hand and leads me through the tough times.  

So today and everyday take His Hand and allow Him to remind you who He is and He reminds us that He is with our loved ones and He is also with us! 

In closing here are the words from Psalm 136:26
Give thanks to the God of heaven, His love endures forever.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Beautiful reminder and just what I needed today. Thanks for sharing!