Saturday, March 18, 2017

Creation



God really touches my soul through His creations!  It hasn't always been true.  I remember rolling my eyes when people would talk about birds, and be so enthralled with birds.  Well, I have become this person!  I am enthralled with birds.  I am amazed with God's attention to every detail in everything He creates and created.  It reminds me of who He truly is...

I share a lot of photos of creation.  I am intrigued and want to share things that God shows me along this journey.  Sorry if it gets to be too much for you, but if it touches one then it's okay.  I've learned that one is just as important as many.  

I read this quote and it spoke to me;
"You never know what may cause them.  The sight of the Atlantic Ocean can do it, or a piece of music, or a face you've never seen before.  A pair of somebody's old shoes can do it....You can never be sure.  But of this you can be sure.  Whenever you find tears in your eyes, especially unexpected tears, it is well to pay the closest attention.  They are not only telling you something about the secret of who you are, but more often than not God is speaking to you through them of the mystery of where you have come from and its summoning you to where you should go next.  Frederick Buechner

God pursues us in whatever way to have relationship with each of us.  He speaks in ways that we hear Him, He shows up in ways we might see Him, He cares and He pursues us.  I believe the reason creation touches me is that is when I most often have those goose bump moments that I realize God sees me.  He loves me and He shows up!  It is always in the most unexpected way and it truly reminds me of how Big God truly is and it gives me such amazing peace. 

So many verses speak to God the Creator of all and provide hope being reminded of who He is such as some of the following.

Job 38: beginning in verse 4
Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?  Tell me, if you understand.  
Who marked off its dimensions?  Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?
ON what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone-while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?
Who shut up the seas behind doors when it burst forth from the womb, when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness, when I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place, when I said, 'This far you may come and no father; here is where your proud waves halt'?...

Or 
Isaiah 45:12
It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it.  My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts.

Psalm 147:4
He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.

I love the reminders of scripture that remind each of us who God truly is...

Today, look around.  Enjoy nature and be reminded of who Our Creator truly is and absolutely nothing bad in this world compares to who God is...We are never alone.  He goes before us and He goes with us with every step we take, so go enjoy your day!  Share the glory of who God is ...

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: