Monday, December 29, 2008

You are extraordinary!

Do you think of yourself as extraordinary? I don't have that in mind when I think about myself. Let's see most of the time things like you didn't do your best or you could have done better, I really need to lose weight...you know the thoughts don't you? We don't quite measure up in our own minds?



A couple of days ago I went to see Marley and Me the movie. It was wonderful and I recommend it. The owner at the end was thinking about the journey that he and Marley had taken together. The lines about their relationship hit a note with me. He stated that Marley thought (the owner) was extraordinary and how Marley loved him just the way he was and is....



I read a quote one time that said, " I wish I was half the person my dog thinks I am"...So true...Our puppies love us just the way we are.



Does this sound familiar to you? It reminds me of the scripture from Psalms that tells us in Psalm 18:19 " He brought me out into a spacious place, he rescued me because he delighted in me." God delights in you and me! He thinks we are extraordinary! Don't you just love God's word?



Start your week remembering God delights in you!

Blessings,

No comments: