Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Handpicked





Do you remember the times in school, when your hands just shot up to beg, Pick me?
Pick me? Always, with a question behind it the eyes pleading and little sweet smile across your face begging?

In my studies this week God once again reminded me that He picks us! He hand picks us for His work. In 1 Chronicles 14:2, the scripture tells us that David realized that the Lord established him as leader of Israel. Well, ladies if He does that for David ~ he does it for us!

Remember David, was the least of the brothers in appearance, size, everything...at least in his own father's mind. He brought every brother before Samuel and Samuel said, is this all the boys? The dad replied, Oh yeah, David is out tending the sheep. Well, send for him.

Ladies, it doesn't matter what we look like or how we dress. God does have a plan for each of us. We must raise our hands with eager anticipation of what God will do with each of us and allow Him to work. It is such an amazing journey to raise that hand and say YES, LORD!!!

Isn't it awesome to think about ~ We are handpicked by God and to think of what He will do using us if we just say YES! We have to say YES, ladies please don't miss out on this wonderful experience. Go right now to the Lord and say Lord, please use me. I am your servant and want to be a part of your incredible work.

Saying yes Lord, yes Lord,
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I think of handpicked, I think of handpicking a beautiful flower or a ripe tomato off of the vine. Both picked so carefully and with pleasure. What does God want to watch me do that He has handpicked me to do today?

Linda said...

I had never thought of it in terms of a child in a classroom, but of course, I can certainly relate to that. Love the analogy.