Thursday, March 26, 2009

He loves me! He loves me not!





Do you have days when you remember sitting in your front yard and taking a daisy and asking the questions ~ He loves me, He loves me not, over and over? Every little girl daydreams about that special man walking in her life one day and will he love me back.

The day I finally found peace in my life is the day I realized that I don't have to ask that question. God loves me and you in spite of ourselves. He truly loves us!

I was reading a story that touched my heart. Remember the pot-belly pigs that people really liked a few years back. I think George Clooney had one of them. They were really popular after the Vietnam war. Only problem was that these pigs grew to weigh over 150 pounds and they became very aggressive.

Well, of course people began to tire of the pigs and what do you think happends to unwanted potbellied pigs? A man by the name of, Dale Riffle came to the rescue. He fell in love with a pig named, Rufus. Rufus never learned how to be litter box trained and he loved the taste of carpets, wall paper, the house as a whole. So, Dale sold his home and bought a farm. He said it was like hog heaven.

Soon he had over 180 pigs on his farm. They slept on beds of pine shavings, wallowed in mud puddles and soaked in plastic swimming pools while listening to classical music. Never feared they would become bacon for someone's breakfast. A waiting list was put in place for pigs to move on the farm.

Dale told a reporter, "WE're all put on earth for some reason, and I guess pigs are my lot in life." How could somebody fall in love with these pigs?

You know something even more amazing? God loves us with all the awesome, passionate, holy, mighty, amazing, beyond measure and we not just like those pigs...we are sometimes rebellious, frequently indifferent, openly defiant people and He loves us in spite of ourselves!!!

One quote put it this way ~ God loves us the way we are, but he loves us too much to leave us that way...Praise the Lord!!!

Debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Jesus loves me!