Thursday, July 10, 2014

Peace...beyond my understanding



Entering the pool this morning for my exercise time and one of my special times talking to the Lord.  Yes, during my exercise time I talk to God.  I share with Him my heart...my whole heart and I know He hears!

I lifted up the situations around the world that so desperately need Him; In the midst and the little things that again, He is needed in the middle of it all!  The bombs in Israel, the borders of the US, the hungry in Africa and here at home and this is just the beginning.  Overwhelmed is the only word to describe everything that surrounds each of us daily.  We seek to know the news on the television, the computer, and then hash and rehash it with friends and family.  Most of the time it seems divisions only build, but not when you talk to the Lord about the situations.  He heals.

He brings peace to your heart and soul that only He provides!  Yes, I left the pool ready to go.  Ready to face whatever the day might bring knowing He goes before me and He is already there...absolutely NOTHING SURPRISES HIM!  That alone brings peace to me...

During my time in the pool, I am surrounded by His creation, the beautiful red bird, the small hummingbird, and the beautiful butterfly and that was just the beginning.  Yes, a peace that only He provides.  I don't know the answers, but I know that He does!  I trust Him in all situations, big and small.

He reminded me of the a familiar scripture this morning from Jeremiah that most of us all know ...
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

A scripture that Jeremiah included in a letter that he sent to the elders during a very difficult time.  A time that God's people had been exiled to Babylon.  Even in our most difficult times when we feel shut off from God - we aren't!  He hears, He knows, He is doing something and we must trust and believe His promises.

Trust and Believe today and everyday,
Debbie

No comments: