Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vine or Strong tree


Ezekiel 15 ~ A Useless Vine


 

"Son of man, how does a grapevine compare to a tree?

Ponder this for a moment…

Are you able to use a vine for anything other than perhaps a decoration? Will it hold anything for you? May it be made in to furniture? May it be made to be a stronghold for anything?

No…God compares the people of Israel to a useless vine. Good for nothing and why because they did not allow God's glory to shine through them. Israel no longer produced!

What happens when we no longer produce?

Useless!

Lord, I don't want to be useless to you. Please use me to let your light shine through me. Let others see You in me!

Should this not be all of the people's prayer? Should this not be our country's prayer? I am not politically correct very often, because I've learned in reading God's Word that the two don't fall together. Recently, I've felt strongly that God is telling us to stand tall and proud of being Christians and to wear it proudly. We are constantly being bombarded with other religions and what is right for them and the whole time Christianity is being pushed and pushed further to the back.

Do we want to be rendered useless like Israel was in this passage? Do we want to be thrown into the fire to be burned?

God is a jealous God. He desires and wants our undivided love and His glory showing everywhere, are we doing this?

Ponder on this passage and think about are we the useless vine? Or the strong tree that produces fruit for God's Kingdom?


 

Sweet Blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, what I took away from today's reading was from Ezekiel 14:3. The Lord told Ezekial that the leaders had set up idols in their hearts. God said that they had embraced things that would make them fall into sin and these sins(idols) were destestable to Him.

So idols are things that will make me fall into sin. And setting up idols in my heart leads to sin. I need to do some self-evaluation for sure.