Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Be alert...prowling around



Imagine, driving along singing praise and worship music with the radio.  Your dog happily hanging out the window, when suddenly you see movement across the road.  Yes, this is what is in your line of vision.  Quickly I rolled up the windows to protect Sadie and I.  At the same time grabbing for my camera.  Of course, wanting to capture the beautiful image of the mountain lion at the same time thinking I can't believe this is happening.

It was beautiful, yet scary.  Immediately, I thought this is just like the scripture in 1 Peter 5:8 ~ Be alert and of sober mind.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  I had just looked at this spot and nothing and suddenly a lion was standing there within a stone's throw and well one leap for it to the jeep.  Let me tell you my adrenalin was flowing and my heart was pumping.  Never did I expect a lion in my path the same is true with the tricks of the devil.  We aren't expecting someone to come in with the latest juicy bit of gossip and then to get caught up in a moment of really?  Then all the questions of who, what, when, where, how start so that not a detail is missed.  Have you ever been there?  Before you knew it you were caught up with the devil's schemes and he is slowly devouring you with juicy gossip, which turns into a sin!  You weren't looking for it, but there it was.   Just that quickly the devil catches us in the most unsuspecting way; words of a friend, or perhaps taking you into a setting that leads to something that you have to make a decision that leads to temptation and sin.  I don't know what your temptation might be, but the devil is prowling just like the lion that crossed my path this week waiting to devour each of us!

The question is will we allow him to do this?  NO, we will be alert and of sober mind knowing who we trust and believe with all our heart!  Our Father who tells us over and over ~ Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

It's true, so claim it!

Claiming it in the path of the lion,
Debbie

No comments: