Thursday, July 11, 2013

Please let me be the one...



The past several weeks I've been studying the Psalms among other things, but over and over praise as been paramount in my heart, mind, and soul.  We need to praise God through everything, the good, the bad, and the ugly!  It's easy to praise God during the good times, but the bad?  

Well, today I was looking at the story of Jesus healing the lepers in Luke 17 and something else jumped off the page at me!  Jesus healed ten men right?  Well, only one realizing that he was healed returned to praise Jesus!  What, only one?  Yes, only one.  Immediately, in my soul it hit me how many times have I been the other 9 or how many times have I been the one?

It is my prayer that I am the one, but I know in my heart I have also been like the other 9.  I ask the LORD to forgive me the times that I am like the other 9 and not like the 1 that runs and falls at the feet of Jesus and gives Him my love, my thanks, and my praise!

Praising the Lord,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

I have been like the other nine also. Lord, please help me to be more and more like the one who returns to say thank you! Thank you, Lord!