Friday, July 19, 2013

Say this...



Often times people that know me know that I tell my stuff.  When I say stuff it's not the good stuff I'm talking about it!  No, it's the stuff that I would rather leave hidden in my own home or heart.  It's easy to share the good stuff, but the ugly isn't so easy to share.  Honestly, I came to place in my journey that it was as if I heard the LORD tell me ~ Debbie, swallow your pride (ouch) admit the other stuff too!  So when I speak or write I share things that often times I don't want to, but because I believe I am suppose to.  Healing will often times come in the process perhaps for me or for someone else

I have been on a six week journey through Psalms this summer and I've loved the study.  It's simple and done at home on your own schedule.  Well, this week I came to Psalm 107 and these verses spoke to my heart about why I've shared the ugly as well as the good.  The Lord provided a healing because I've truly at times struggled with why I have to share stuff while others don't and perhaps it's because the LORD hasn't told them to yet.  The Lord smiled on me with these verses and provided words that for some reason I needed to hear.  Thank you LORD!

Psalm 107: 2 ~ Let the redeemed of the LORD say this-those he redeemed from the foe,

We should share because we are redeemed!  WE need to say so!

Psalm 107: 14-16 ~ 
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.  He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains.  Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron.

So once again, I have to admit that I shared, but wasn't always happy that I felt compelled to do so.  The LORD showed me and touched my heart that I want to share because He saved me.  He broke the chains that had me captured and because of His unfailing love indeed I must share the good, the bad, and the ugly because all of it will be used for HIS Glory!  His Light will shine through my ugly choices  as well as the blessings!  Or perhaps it will be the healing balm for your own heart or for someone else!

I hope this helps someone else open up and share.  When we hold it in the Lord showed me it's truly about perhaps our own pride rather than His glory.  If we are redeemed we need to say so...let His Victory shine!  After all, He won the battle for us and saved us...so we need to hit our knees in obedience and say use it all LORD, use if all!

Thanks LORD for loving and forgiving me,
Debbie

No comments: