Friday, February 21, 2014

I praise God!



Psalm 139:14

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful.

The past week has been amazing.  One week ago, my brother Hal had a pretty bad heart attack.  He was able to receive a stent in time and his heart shows very little damage praise the LORD.  Friday was a very long day, because he was a very long way from home when this happened on his job at the golf course.  Yes, he plays golf for a living and it happened on the job, but in the place where he had amazing friends that took wonderful care of him.  His doctor here at home says it's all a miracle and that truly his heart shows very little damage now!  It's a God thing!

All of this to say that after this happened I was on the phone making my own appointment with the same doctor here in town.  A wonderful man that we call friend that also takes care of our whole families hearts!  So, you know we think a lot of this man! After all, my grandparents, my mom, and now my brother all have heart issues which means it in our genes...Kenny also has heart stents...and for all of you that know me know I don't eat exactly right...so I was nervous.  He put me through the EKG, Echo, and then a Stress test along with blood work galore!  

I received the most wonderful news the following day...His words were God gave you a beautiful heart!  Now that was absolutely wonderful news, but it got me to thinking.  I don't only want my heart to be physically beautiful...I want it to be spiritually beautiful as well!  I want to praise God with every fiber in my being and allow His Light to shine brightly through all situations.

So I share how He took care of my brother and Hal will share this with others as well.  He knows it was God that took care of him and I know He took care of me as well.  We have work to do for God's Kingdom because we indeed are fearfully and wonderfully made by our Savior!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

2 comments:

Frankie said...

You definitely have a BEAUTIFUL heart Debbie! Praising God with you for wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

Your heart is spiritually beautiful. Praise God for the great report.