Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Our words





Do our words help others?  Do they inspire?  Do they encourage?  Do they influence?

I write this today with a heavy heart that our world is so mean spirited towards others.  I don't know if others believe this, but I do.  It seems we all think we have a right to just say whatever we think...Not to even mention do whatever we want, but I won't go there today.

Those close to me know I love the television show "Dancing with the Stars" and truly this season one of the dancers truly inspires me.  Inspires isn't even a word that totally grasps what this young woman is being able to do...a few of the words I would use are amazes, encourages, gives hope, she is truly living.  Yet, I read things on-line that are so mean.  When did we get to a place in our country that rather than just keep your mouth shut we try to totally destroy someone?

I know some will say "It's just the way it is" well I don't agree.  What happened to the old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it?"  Why is it so difficult to just keep your mouth shut?

Amy Purdy is truly an amazing woman.  I don't know the first thing about her other than what has been shared on the show about her loss of her legs and her near death experience.  I don't know anything other than she is taking a horrible situation and dancing through it.  She is encouraging other young people that might be in a similar situation to not give up on life, to just try.  She is quick stepping across that dance floor showing that indeed life goes on and you can get in the game of life or give up.  So why not allow this dance floor to help others?  Why do so many people feel the need to point out they don't think she is dancing?  Well, folks I would be willing to hazard a guess that she is dancing more than you or I could...I know she is doing way more than I ever could!  

Let's try to turn the tide beginning with our own selves...today, offer an encouraging word.  If you have a bad word, keep it to yourself.  Just keep quiet!  Don't offer your thought,if it isn't nice. Turn this tide around and be a ray of sunshine in this dark world today!  Let's be nice or just keep quiet!

Remember, the words found in Psalm 19:14 ~ "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight. LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
or Proverbs 16:24 ~ "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

Father, today and everyday let my words be gracious and sweet to bring healing to others instead of injury.  Amen

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: