Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Outside the box



Most of you that know me, know that I usually know how I feel on any given topic.  I'm not wishy washy.  I'm not usually down the middle...I have an opinion, but...I don't think that means my opinion is right.
Let me explain...

I believe that I am to live life a certain way, but that my way is not necessarily your way...I believe that God calls each of us to a certain plan for our journey and that it lines up with His Words, but I also know that I am a sinner and that I mess up...so all of this to say my thought for today is

Don't try to put God in a box...big or small, tall or short, you get the picture don't try to box God in...God is way bigger than any box.  Thank Goodness!

We try to understand situations.  We try to understand the whys of life.  We try, but we don't have to...we need to let God do His thing in all situations!

I don't know, if it gives us comfort to try to put God in a box and say well this and this and so that means this...but truthfully its a lot more comforting to me to think that He is bigger than the mountains and especially a box!

One of my favorite scriptures is found in Isaiah 55:8-9
My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  

It comforts me that God is so much more of everything than my little pea brain could possibly imagine!  So next time you hear the words "Think outside the box"...DO and believe all the words you like to share to encourage others!  Believe that truly God is in charge and He knows the plan, so trust Him today!

No more boxes, 
Debbie

No comments: