Friday, February 8, 2019

As clear as the sky itself



The prettiest blue with the eagle in the tree, it was a wonderful photography day.  Sky so blue and beautiful.  The words that captured me today are found in Exodus 24:10 ~ 
There they saw the God of Israel.  Under his feet there seemed to be a surface of brilliant blue lapis lazuli, as clear as the sky itself.  And though these nobles of Israel gazed upon God, he did not destroy them.  In fact, they ate a covenant meal, eating and drinking in his presence!  Wow, what an amazing image.

Place yourself in this scene.  In God's presence and eating a meal.  How could you even eat?  Google the blue lapis stone it is beautiful.  I just felt the power in this moment and I don't know that I ever noticed that this moment included more than Moses.  I think before I stayed in the verses above where God said only Moses was allowed to come near.  So I don't know that I grasp that all these other people (over 70) shared this time in God's presence.

I don't know, but this spoke to me that God allowed these people to come and share Him.  I know that God's creation wow's me and this just gets me.  I don't know how you were even able to breathe much less eat.

God is so good!

Please take a moment and give thanks for God's amazing love for each of us.  Praise Him for all that He is and always will be.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: