Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day of Rest





The last time that you were with girlfriends and you were sharing ~ Did the topic of being busy come up in conversation? Did you talk about how you were never able to get everything done and that you are always running to get things done? Did you talk about how tired and worn out you are?

Well, in my reading this morning God answered that problem very distinctly ~ In Exodus 34 God plainly tells us that we have six days each week to work in an ordinary week and that one day is for complete rest (yes complete rest) a holy day for Our Lord that is His Day...It doesn't tell us that it must be Sunday. He just tells us that one day is totally His and it is for total rest! Well, do you practice this? do I? No, probably not or at least I know that I don't and I must admit it...I rest part of the day, but not a whole day...Ladies, God gave us the plan and reason we are tired, worn out, grumpy is our fault...He gives us the day and actually commands that we give Him His day totally dedicating it to Him...

Beginning to rest,
Debbie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is not honoring a day rest a lack of obedience on our part? I think so. God has instructed us to a day of rest and I want to receive all that He has for us.

Anonymous said...

The word tells us to "rest in the Lord" to "be still" and hear His voice. Maybe if we stopped once in awhile we could hear what God has for us. Great word, Debbie!

Anonymous said...

I have had the subject of "a day of rest" on my heart lately. I know I am not being obedient and besides I can only imagine the blessings I would receive from "a day of rest". I am going to work on it. Thanks for sharing with us!