Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thirsty???





Don't you love the picture today? I love the imagery of the light in the background with the half full glass of water. It fit my time in the Word this morning to a tee..

In John 7 with the scripture about, If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink and on down in John 8 I am the light of the world, Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness.. I so needed these scriptures today and the cool part is that I know the spirit lead me to them. You know that I am reading the Chronological Bible this year and the readings yesterday were about all the festivals and how we should be in the sanctuary together. I know this is so important, but don't we judge others on this topic? How somebody worships, where they worship, why do they worship like this, why aren't they in the church building...so many w's that we think we know the answers for everybody.

My spirit was so restless in my reading of all of the laws and the Spirit truly lead me to John to read about the fulfillment of that Jesus is the answer to ALL the laws. The above scriptures were spoken by Jesus during the Feast of Tabernacles that is discussed in Leviticus 23:33-44...So in the middle of this feast Jesus went to the feast and spoke these words above...He is the fulfillment. We no longer meet God at the tabernacle or temple. We meet him in Jesus. Coming to Jesus is truly an act of our hearts. My friend, Frankie, and I were discussing this and the words "true worship" are the words Frankie used to describe what she felt this was saying.

What is true worship to you? Is it the building? How would you define true worship?
Do you even know if someone is truly worshipping? Do you get into judging when you try to define this for somebody else? We aren't allowed to see somebody else's heart ~ or we? So, if we define this for somebody else where does this put us?

I was reading a quote of John Piper's that spoke to my heart and I want to share it with my friends...~ "My prayer for all is that God the Spirit might make us thirsty for Jesus Christ, that he might remove the callouses from the taste buds of our heart and cause us to drink deep and savor the magnificence of Jesus, who fulfills all of history past and embodies all the glorious hopes of the future." WOW! Don't you love that remove those hard words, ugly thoughts, callouses that we let flow from our tongues and let sweet, juicy taste fill our hearts and long for more, more, and even more of Our Sweet Jesus!!!

Longing in the Light,
Debbie

No comments: