Sunday, December 4, 2011

Annouce


Announce God's Light!  I loved the words Paul used this morning before King Agrippa, when he was sharing about being obedient to God's command on his life and that he was to announce God's Light to Jews and Gentiles alike that was shared in Acts 25!

When I think about announcers from events I've been at some of the most profound that really stick out in my mind are the ones from NBA games with their deep voices, or truly announcers from any sporting event.  They grab your attention and they do not let go.  Paul was this way.  He spoke with confidence, he spoke with honesty, he spoke with knowledge, he knew the subject he was talking about with others.

It hit me this morning perhaps we announcers about God's Light need to get to know Him more personally like Paul did.  Do we know that His Word is a Lamp Unto Our feet?  If we know His word;  then we know the route we should take in life and we also are given the word to help others.  I love God's Word.  I immerse myself so deeply in the stories that I almost feel them unfold before my eyes.

Picture the scene of this story ~ A great outside auditorium with a lot of pomp and rules with all the important people of that day and age that were in that town up front, center, and the smaller, less important in society standing perhaps standing along the edges just wanting a peek at the event.  A King with all of his folks that attended him very regal, very important all eyes on him commands that Paul be brought in.  Paul enters the room from a side door possibly with chains - at least lead by guards.  The King begins to tell Festus to speak and he listens and then he gives Paul the floor.  

Paul probably took control of the room.  Moved with confidence speaking to the King first and foremost, but also to that person standing against the wall that didn't think he mattered.  Probably that man began to feel like he was the only one in the room, because Paul was speaking to all lost souls in that auditorium.  Paul was not just speaking to the King.  He was sharing his testimony of being lost and now found to everyone in attendance.  He was announcing God's Light!

Do we announce God's Light?

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

I have been saying the same thing lately, "I love God's Word!"