Saturday, May 19, 2012

God is love...

    Our cultures are so different that we can't even comprehend how blessed we are to freely worship Jesus!  I've been reading two books that have really opened my eyes to a world that truthfully I just can't grasp one is entitled "In the Land of Blue Burquas" and the other is "The Road of Lost Innocence" and let me tell you they are eye openers.

Women sharing truth if we want to read it.  Harsh truth that all of us would sometimes rather just close our eyes to the fact it exist.  The first is about a woman that went to Afghanistan to give to the women there and what she discovered.  One thing that broke my heart is never have they heard God described as loving the word they use is kind.  I can't imagine not realizing just how much God loves us.  Absolutely never is the word love used associated with God at all...Let that soak in for a moment.  If you don't know that God loves you, imagine the emptiness!

Next, is the harsh reality of a woman in Cambodia that was sold into the sex slave industry and her life story of emptiness.  Filled with tragedy, but she was very strong and courageous.  I am not quite half way through the book, because I just can't read it very much at a time.  The awful things that were done to her and the things she witnessed are terrible.  I want to stop reading, but know that I must finish it.  I must allow God to show me the things we need to work to change, the prayers that we might lift that would help these special women.

Today, pray that women will realize that indeed God does love each and every one of us!!!!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Wow! Over and over in the Bible and especially in Psalms God's unfailing love is declared for His people. How sad that so many don't know this, the unfailing love that gave us salvation! My heart breaks!

Thank you Debbie for opening our eyes to the things that break God's heart.