Thursday, March 14, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ~ Dancing Upon Barren Land by Lesil A. Westfail



Dancing...

I have to admit the title grasp my attention after all that is how I've felt since God profoundly changed my life, after I knew I would never have children of my own!  So, imagine the surprise when I read the title of Lesil's book on exactly the same topic.  One never imagines when you are experiencing the land of infertility that you will ever dance again, but through God's guidance we can!

I want to ask each of you to watch this video 
The video speaks to all women that have walked this very difficult path and also tells you more about this wonderful, little book.  It is not too big that you will think I'll never get through it and yet it offers big hope for healing!  I encourage you to read the book if you are walking the infertility path, if you minister to women that are suffering with this "illness" yes it is just as big as other illnesses and often times not understood by others, you have a daughter or friend that is in the throes of infertility this book will help provide insight.  It will help you understand the pain, the longing, the why me that your loved ones are dealing with and all the decisions that must be faced to take the next step in their journey.

I loved the portion on the prayers and scripture that speaks to different topics of the journey.  One of these that touched my heart was the one of jealousy/envy because I felt this so strongly and it is difficult to admit.  I remember getting the phone calls of the happy news and trying so hard just to get through the phone call. before I would break down in tears.  I was happy for them, but it would bring my pain right back to the surface.  It reminded me that comparison in any situation will only bring pain!  

About Dancing Upon Barren Land

When experiencing infertility, the unexpected happens. Your feelings about yourself and your relationship with others and your belief in God are confused and complicated. Dancing Upon Barren Land - Prayer, Scripture Reflections, and Hope for Infertility is a helpful companion for those dark, lonely days.


*Specific Prayers Topics and Supporting Scripture 
*Helpful Truths to Living Life While You Wait 
*Supporting Ideas for Family Members or Friends 
*Resource Aid for Ministry Leader 


Link to buy the book: http://ow.ly/ivTbR    

Meet Lesli:  
  
Lesli is no stranger to infertility. She has experienced all the range of emotions, the prodding of doctors, and the stinging disappointments. Yet through it all she's found significance offering hope and inspiration to the wounded heart of the barren soul. Through her own experience and those shared from others, an online ministry was created Dancing Upon Barren Land ~ Spiritual Nourishment for the Infertility Road. Now she speaks to women around the world through the website and leads locals support groups too, along with providing a resource through this book. Lesli enjoys life. She loves spending time with her husband, Larry, her man of faith and live-in comedian. She loves spending time with her family and friends, and traveling, especially road trips. Most of all, her passion is sharing God's love and teaching the Bible to women, inspiring beleif there's healing for the grief of infertility and sorrow from loss, and there is joy in the journey while we wait.


Find out more about Lesli at http://dancinguponbarrenland.com/

I will share this easy to read, but filled with hope to women that walk this difficult rocky road, because like Lesli ~ I am dancing again!  God provides the way to dance even when the ground is barren!  He provides the Light and He uses people like Lesli to show that we do heal and we do dance again!

Share this with your loved one that suffers in the truest sense of the word with infertility, because it will help to bring hope and love back into her life!

Dancing again myself,
Debbie Covington

This book was given to me for this review.

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Wow! The video was very touching. I could hear the words and the feelings of infertility and can only imagine the suffering that my friend has gone through and still goes through. I am so sorry for the pain that infertility has caused you.