Monday, March 9, 2015

Amazing, beautiful story ~ The Pharaoh's Daughter by Mesu Andrews ~ 5 stars!



Have you ever had a fear that you just could not get past?  Well, this book will help you have courage to get past your fear!  

It is an amazing, beautiful story based on the wonderful woman that brought Moses up out of the river and safe from certain death and perhaps brought death to herself.  Mesu Andrews does a wonderful job of intriguing you from the very beginning weaving the people together in such a way that you will not be able to put the book down.  I tell you this in all truth!  I read it in one day, because it captured my heart.  I knew the story from God's Word, but I wanted to see how Mesu let it all play out.  

It is filled with mystery, love, broken people, beauty, family, hate, politics, but most of all God's love and His amazing timing.  I never thought a lot about the danger the Pharaoh's daughter faced simply by rescuing this baby.  I always encourage people to pick up Christian fiction and let God open your mind to the possibilities of thinking more about the people that walked this journey before each of us.

I give this book 5 stars!  I don't like to give a lot of plot lines away, because it ruins the surprise and wonder of God working in your own heart and His own way.  I will tell you that one of my favorite lines is very late in the book when Miriam, (Moses sister) said this to Pharaoh's daughter ~ "Hope can't be lost or stolen.  Hope is a choice we embrace for ourselves each day."  

Today, hope it is a choice!  Along the way order this book from Amazon.com or your favorite bookstore it is a keeper!  Mesu Andrews wonderful, wonderful book!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

P. S.  I was given this book to read and review, but I will be purchasing some of my own for friends!  Fabulous!!

No comments: