Saturday, March 14, 2015

Wholeheartedly...



Deuteronomy 6 - 9

Wholeheartedly, when you read this word what do you think of?  What do you have  in your life that you have gone all in for?  You give it your all?  You give your whole heart to a cause, what is that cause?

Well, today in Deuteronomy 6 we are reminded what truly matters...
Listen, O Israel!  The Lord is our God, the LORD alone.  And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.  and you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today.  Repeat them again and again to your children.  Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.  Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders.  Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Okay, important question to ponder today ~  Are you wholeheartedly into God?  I am asking myself the same question today!  Take a really good look at what takes up your time, how do you decorate your home, what books do you read, what movies do you see all of  these will  indicate exactly what you are wholeheartedly into is it God?  Well, I know I've got room for improvement, but I also know that the more I take these steps in my journey the better my journey truly is...I tell you this honestly that at 55 I am much happier than earlier in life.  If I could share a word with younger folks, don't let these things of the world matter so much...they do not make life better!  Truly the things of God are what matter and truly fill your heart with love.  Only life's journey teaches us truly what matters and we must take each step ourselves, but we also may encourage others to walk closer with the LORD and see for themselves.  It is truth!  Try it out for yourself.  I pray that you will do this earlier than I did, so that life will be so much better for all of you!

Today, are you wholeheartedly in love with God?  Does it show in your journey, because if we are doing this our life will speak this truth...

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: