Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sparked!


Haggai 1:14, 2:4 & 5

So the LORD sparked the enthusiasm…(yesterday)

But now the LORD says: Be strong, Zerubbabel, Be strong, Jeshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people still left in the land. And now get to work, for I am with you, says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. My Spirit remains with you…

The Lord sparks our enthusiasm. I was studying yesterday getting ready for a retreat and was reminded that we are to have a childlike attitude to get into heaven. Do you remember the zest for life, the sparkle when you discovered something new? I do. Well, God wants us to have a spark, a twinkle, a awe moment about our walk with Him. He wants us filled with wonder and awe about HIM.

At times, we(Christians) forget we are what others look to about Christ. Do we sparkle or are we dull? When they look at us to we shine and they wonder what it is about us or do we appear down and dark and they don't want any part of that? Shine today…

And now go out and accomplish, make, fashion something to happen for the LORD. After all the LORD is with us, in fact the original meaning was the LORD abides, remains, and endures with us! It sounds better to say the LORD abides with us, doesn't it? I don't want it to sound like we are so dull that the LORD endures being with us. The LORD is in the midst of us and He helps us to shine! He nudges us and we remember…

Today, ask questions. Remember when you were little and all you could do was ask questions to learn. Ask and learn. Just because we are big, little girls doesn't mean we aren't allowed to be curious, to learn, and play with childlike qualities after all, don't we want to go to heaven?

Sweet blessings,

Debbie


 

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, there were so many great points in this dayd's reading. The Lord said several times in Haggai, "Be strong", "I am with you," and "Do not be afraid." In Zechariah, the Lord said, "Return to me and I will return to you."

Trying to keep all of these truths that the Lord God has given us in His Word deep in my heart. For me staying in God's Word helps to keep me sparked for Him.

Yes, indeed I want to go to heaven. Can't imagine anyone not wanting to spend eternity in heaven.