Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving up control...



Anybody else have control issues? I know I do, but I listen to other people's conversations and they don't realize they do...I'm like did I just hear that right?

Today's reading was great from Romans. I was particularly drawn to Romans 8 and how letting the Spirit control our thoughts leads to life and if we control our thoughts it allows our sinful nature to come through...think about your last control issue, isn't that true? Not my prettiest image, but it's true...

If we allow our control issues that lead to our sinful nature then we will never please God! OOPS!

I loved the picture that I selected today for peace...Sit back, let go and read this scripture...But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. Do you need a little peace? Do you want to enjoy peace shown in this picture then step back and let the Spirit control your journey!

Sound easy? Well, it isn't, because of the devil...The devil works to enter through the smallest crack and begin sinful thoughts entering our peaceful minds, but we can stop him cold...just call on Jesus and The Spirit to lead you right at that moment. The moment that you feel that nasty, evil thought coming through or peeking through say Jesus help me! Spirit take control over my mind.....

Today, allow the Spirit to control your mind so that it will lead you to life and peace or a peaceful life...Not always easy, but a Spirit of it's well with my soul!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sweet Blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, praying that I learn to let the Spirit control my mind. I want to choose life and peace everyday.

On this day of Thanksgiving, I am feeling very thankful that you share your insights, your research and the Spirit's leading with us through your writings.