Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Worthy of His Call!



In the reading today from 1 Thessalonians 1:11-12 it just jumped at me... we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do. Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honored because of the way you live, and you will be honored along with him. WOW! Are we ever worthy? Only through HIM are we made worthy!

Today,the lesson at the mission was on love. It was so moving the women talked about why they felt unworthy of love. Why they felt less than for someone to love...the list goes on and on. It was so sad and yet God very much moved in that room reminding them of HIS LOVE and that through His love they were indeed worthy! I love the way God shows up through one on them, His Word, an activity, but He always shows up during this special time together. I believe the women felt HIS love today! They were emotional and touched in only a way God touches!

God gives us everything we need to serve HIM and to accomplish good things and honor HIM through the way we walk. It made me thing and hang my head in shame about the times that I don't honor Him with my walk. The times I get angry and I say something I should never utter or perhaps the times I allow unforgiveness to hurt HIM by my actions...My actions could hurt HIS KINGDOM and I hang my head in shame, but this doesn't honor Him either. I need to admit the errors in my actions and let HIS Glory shine through my errors! He uses it all while HE supplies grace, grace, grace!

Accept the gift of salvation and allow him to continue to supply all the grace and goodness after all it is His gift to us, so that we might help others, so that all of us might honor HIM!

I loved the picture today! Stand out and look different like the picture for HIM...

Sweet Blessings,
Debbie

No comments: