Friday, November 12, 2010

I love the sunlight! I need the sunlight!



I feel a lot like the poppy in the picture...Beaming in the sunlight. I need sunshine and when I hear friends say they love winter it's like how? Don't you need the sun? Don't you need the light? I just feel sad without light in my life and this picture speaks to my soul...

In Acts 13 we find the story of Paul and Barnabas visiting the home of a man that wanted to hear the word of God, but a man close to him was evil and had attached himself to the man seeking. Isn't that the way evil does and is? Just always wanting to step between us and God's goodness? Paul knew and he looked him in the eye and told him to stop perverting God's ways and that he was going to be struck blind, not to see sunlight for a long time. Punishment indeed...

Immediately this man believed for he was astonished at the teaching about the LORD. He may have been astonished about the teaching, but image the scene that happened right before his own eyes. He saw and he knew God. Just this week at the mission a woman shared with me that she never looked in a mirror to see her own eyes because her eyes could not lie to herself. She could not look into her own eyes, because she knew the evil choices that she was making. I ask could she look at others and she said yes that she could lie to them, but not herself...so she knew in her own eyes the evil choices. Eyes that were filled with darkness either in the Word or in this woman were evil choices that were made. Darkness was filling the life of both of these people until they made a choice to let the light in...

Do you let the light in? Let the light shine whether it is the light of a match or a floodlight let it shine for the LORD! Let it shine!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I am thanking God that He didn't leave us in darkness, but sent us The Light of the world, Jesus!