Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ask for the old godly way, and walk in it...


Today, when I got to Jeremiah 6: 16 it brought back so many memories from traveling with certain family members. No names to protect the innocent...

Seriously, this is what the scripture says:
This is what the LORD says:
"Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it. Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls."

It hit me when I was reading this, we don't even stop and ask road directions when we don't know much less life direction. We want to appear self sufficient, smart, or whatever! Now I am saying we here, but I don't mind asking for road directions, but life directions are another thing...

Do I want to appear like I don't have it together? Do I want to appear unsure? Well, at times I don't...I'm working on getting better in this area. I've realized that growing as a Christian means being honest about all those times that I don't have it together or I am unsure so that I am able to grow. Being vulnerable allowing others to see my flaws isn't always easy, but oh so necessary. If I appear to have it all together and I don't I'll fail and who knows who might go with me on the path of failure!

God places people in our life to help us along the right path. Part of the duty is always being honest about the times that you just don't know and that you are willing to seek help! Helping each other along the journey of life, so that we are able to walk along the path that will help us to find rest for our souls. Don't you love that part of the Word this morning?
Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls.
Today, before you even set foot on the path talk to God - let's begin together

Good morning Lord.
Thanks so much for Your Word this morning about asking for help walking the old godly way. Lord, the only way to walk this way is with you holding our hands. Hold my hand and Lord please help me up when I stumble on the roadblock that I insist on jumping on. Lord, help me to avoid the curves that the evil one will send my way today and to stay standing firm, holding Your mighty hand and choosing to travel the path you have for me. Lord, thank you for the path that provides rest for my soul. The rest that only You are able to provide and I give thanks to you! I love you, Lord and thanks again for providing the right directions, if we only remember to ask you. Forgive me for the times I fail to ask...Amen

No comments: