Thursday, July 7, 2011

On My Knees


Psalm 95

Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the LORD our maker, for he is our God.
We are the people he watches over, the flock under his care.

Yes, let us kneel down!

Last night in class I shared that I felt like a lot of us have gotten off our knees. It hit me that when I was a small girl that in worship we always had an altar time that everyone went to the altar! Not just a few at the end of worship, but everyone at some point were at the altar on their knees!

Is it perhaps more of the power issues that hitting ones knees makes us appear weak? Well, we are weak and we need to get back on our knees! I'm not pointing a finger, because it hit me I'm talking about me. I pray, but I haven't shown God the honor, the respect, the glory that He deserves and this Psalm spoke to it beautifully!

Thank you God for loving me,
Debbie

No comments: