Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fools ~ make your own god?

What might your own god or idol look like?

Is it made of wood? Gold? Clothes? Eating? Money? People?

Have you ever thought about perhaps your idol? Anything you place before God is a modern day idol!

I recently did a study called No Other Gods and it is fabulous by Kelly Minter. Truly it makes you look at your life in a whole new light. I suggest gathering a group of your girlfriends and share this study together! It is worth your time and it is worth really taking a good look at one self. It showed me things I did not realize about myself.

I was reminded of the study today when I got to Isaiah 44:10 ~ Who but a fool would make his own god-an idol that cannot help him one bit? All who worship idols will be disgraced along with all these craftsmen-mere humans-who claim they can make a god. They may all stand together but they will stand in terror and shame.

It continues in chapter 44, with these thoughts -
the wood carver measures a block of wood and draws a pattern on it. He works with chisel and plane and carves it into a human figure...
He then uses a part of the wood to make a fire.
with it he warms himself and bakes his bread.
Then-yes, it's true-he takes the rest of it and makes himself a god to worship!

Does this not sound ridiculous to you?
Do people not realize how crazy this is?
We may not make an idol out of wood or some precious medal, but we put more value in things and stuff than we do God at times. We place it before God with our time and thoughts. How?
Do we not realize we are just as bad as the people talked about in chapter 44?

It goes on in verse 18 with these powerful words - Such stupidity and ignorance! Their eyes are closed, and they cannot see. Their minds are shut, and they cannot think.

Pay attention!

Remember verse 22 - I have swept away your sins like a cloud. I have scattered your offenses like the morning mist. Oh, return to me, for I have paid the price to set you free.
Yes indeed He did pay the price!
Our sins are blotted out - removed forever- no longer remembered...
Only because of who OUR GOD TRULY IS -
verse. 24
This is what the Lord says- your Redeemer and Creator:
I am the LORD, who made all things. I alone stretched out the heavens. Who was with me when I made the earth?

Nothing more needs to be said....Indeed Who was with God when He made the earth?

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: