Monday, July 25, 2011

"Harkened" ~ Be Attentive


Okay, tell me does this sound good to you?

Completeness
Safety
Soundness
Tranquility

Wow, I'll take double does on all those please!

Are you perhaps struggling at this time in your life with a decision you need to make or a situation?
Are you hungering for that peace that is so hard to describe?

Well, today in Isaiah 48:18 it talks about this peace.

Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea.

Sound good?

Does to me! When I looked up the original word in Hebrew for waves it meant heap, billow so do you wants heaps of peace just flowing over you? Follow God's commands...Sounds easy enough doesn't it? But...

But Lord I did have that in mind...I like my job Lord, why do I have to move on? But Lord I don't want to serve those people, But Lord, I don't want to tell that person I'm sorry, But Lord...

Are we being attentive to God's commands for our journey? Are we being obedient are running
fast the other direction?

Today, be in prayer and conversation with the LORD about His commands for your life. Ask Him for a change what His plans are and see if you don't achieve that peace that is described in our reading today.

I know in my life when I am following God's plan for my life I do have this peace, when it's Debbie's way well I don't have the peace ~ it's more of a chaos feeling...which is the feeling you desire today?

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: