Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hanging on to what?



I love this photo!  Look at those adorable little eyes beckoning to his mommy raccoon (at least in my mind) HELP!  Barely hanging on, but yet he's hanging.

What are you barely hanging on to this late morning in November?  Are you hanging on to hurt feelings that perhaps you might need to let go of?  Or perhaps that statement that maybe we totally took the wrong way? Exactly what is it that you will not let go of?  Or perhaps you aren't like me and beat something into the ground that I should have let go of months ago - I'm happy for you!  I am striving to do better!

I have been at the office studying and came across this scripture that just touched my heart from Matthew 22:37-40 that Jesus spoke so beautifully: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'  All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Did you see what Jesus said the Law and prophets hang on to?  It hit me well if I was truly clinging to these words I wouldn't be hanging on to the hurt feelings or the other stuff!  What about you?  Which are you clinging to?  I don't think either of us are as cute as this baby raccoon clinging to these awful things, but I imagine that if we start clinging to these wonderful words that Jesus gave us we will all be a lot cuter inside and out!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: