Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Jumping


Romans 4:18…20

Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping-believing that he would become the father of many nations.

Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God.

I began to ask myself Debbie does your faith grow stronger? Do I bring glory to God? Do I ever waver?

My faith is stronger and I am so thankful in saying these words. Almost a year ago, I started a journey through God's word. A journey that is probably the best thing that I've ever done for myself – in fact, I know it is! Every morning I get up and move into my office for quiet time with The Lord. Every morning without fail God showed me something that I needed desperately to get through that very day.

I am so thankful that I started this journey. Why? My faith is stronger! I have done something that truly allowed God to once again change me and make me better.

I challenge all of you to start this journey with me on January 1. I have Chronological Bibles that I am selling through Journey of Sisters Ministry or go get your own to start this journey. It is a wonderful journey that God shows us new things every day. I've found things that I didn't know, I've found things that someone told me a little different version on, but most important I've found God in a whole new way. I now have an intimate relationship with God ~ how you may ask? Through His Mighty Word opening my eyes to His desires for my life my relationship is stronger, more intimate and I feel God's love and hand in my life!

Read the story below:

During the terrible days of the Blitz, a father, holding his small son by the hand, ran from a building that had been struck by a bomb. In the front yard was a shell hole. Seeking shelter as quickly as possible, the father jumped into the hole and held up his arms for his son to follow. Terrified, yet hearing his father's voice telling him to jump, the boy replied, "I can't see you!"

The father, looking up against the sky tinted red by the burning buildings, called to the silhouette of his son, "But I can see you. Jump!" The boy jumped, because he trusted his father. The Christian faith enables us to face life or meet death, not because we can see, but with the certainty that we are seen; not that we know all the answers, but that we are known.

Donner Atwood.

I challenge you to jump right into God's word with me on January 1 or start your own challenge today….just jump!!!! Be like Abraham never waver believe God's promises and grow stronger!

Jumping in Faith,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

"Even when there was no reason to hope, Abraham kept hoping...." Such an example for us when we want to give up or we hear the enemy whisper lies to us trying to destroy our hope. And Abraham's faith grew stronger!

Hoping that others jump in with us January 1, 2010 reading the One Year Chronological Bible(NLT). It will be one of the greatest things you will ever do for yourself.