Saturday, November 7, 2009

Right with me!


Acts 2:28

You have shown me the way of life, and you will fill me with the joy of your presence.

Jesus knew the paths of life and now he would have the fullness of God's presence.

Jesus was the first to take this path of resurrection and then in the fullness of you, Christ, as a man, is in, possession of, being exalted to the right hand of God, and crowned with glory and honor, and he has all the joy …this is one commentaries words about this verse.

When I read it this morning ~ it spoke to my heart.

It was as if God said Debbie, sometimes the roads are bumpy, with many twist and turns that you don't necessarily like or want, but I am always with you! I never leave you.

It warmed my heart that the word joy was in this verse. It reminded me that joy is part of even the most difficult seasons of our paths, because of Jesus and what He did for me and you. Jesus does show us the way.

In Psalms 16 it says similar words

I will bless the Lord who guides me:

Even at night my heart instructs me.

I know the Lord is always with me.

I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.

My body rests in safety.

Thank you Father for always giving me the Word that I need, if I just open my heart to hear it!

Thanking God for His Wise Counsel,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I am so hoping that others will join in with us in 2010 and read the The One Year Chronological Bible(NLT). It has been such a great blessing in my life and I know it will be the same for others.

The scripture that you shared with us this morning was prophecy from King David and Peter was quoting it to the crowd. I was so proud of Peter's boldness. He was a different man in the reading from Acts today. He spoke by the power of the Holy Spirit that was within him. It was an amazing transformation, but that is our God, He does amazing things!