Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stepping with enthusiasm!


1 Corinthians 15:58

…Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the LORD is ever useless.


 

Are you showing lively interest in the Lord, when you share about Him?

Do you show warmth? Zeal? Eagerness? Passion? Devotion? Ardor?

Would someone that doesn't know you think you were eager to share about the Lord with them? What about someone that does know you?

Are you passionate?

What are you devoted to? What cause are you devoted to?

When someone mentions you have zeal in your walk? Would it be about the Lord?

The scripture above tells us that we should always work enthusiastically for the Lord ~ do we?

Well, when I looked up the exact meaning for enthusiasm it mentioned all the words above and I began to think about people that did or do possess these qualities in their walk with the Lord and it does make a non-believer desire a relationship with Christ. After all, think back…if you were a non-believer would you rather join a surly, unhappy woman or a joyful, passionate woman in her task?

Lord, I pray that I exemplify the passion that I feel in my heart for you in my daily walk. I pray for the forgiveness for the times that I let you down and I walk with little zip in my step. Amen

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I underlined that verse in my Bible this morning and out to the side wrote, " Camp Bethany." I am not sure how much zip I had in my step this weekend, but the words of Paul were revealed as truth, nothing we do for the Lord is useless.

Praying that the Lord was lifted high! To Him be all the glory!