Saturday, November 28, 2009

Resting in His Comfort


2 Corinthians 1:4

He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.

It's three in the morning. Trouble sleeping…hubby is hurting..I listen, I do what I can…God calls me to the Word…His Word…

It was as if God placed me in a warm blanket and once again handed me my own letter…He comforts me, so that I can comfort Kenny.

Is it easy? NO…but then again it's probably not easy for God to always comfort us either..but He does…

The Word goes on to tell me to stop relying on myself and to rely on Him! Oh how I needed to hear those words from Him this morning…I will be able to provide the comfort needed, because I know I am able to rely on my Father! Thank you Father for bringing me into The Word early this morning to be reminded just how much you love little old Debbie…the same is true for you!

Resting in his arms,

Debbie

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I am so sorry to read that you were up with Kenny in the wee hours of the night. Praying for you both right now.

What I wanted to share from the reading this morning is from Romans 15:13. Paul says that God is our source of hope. In Romans 15:33, Paul tells us that God gives us His peace. Then in Romans 16:27, Paul tells us that He is the only Wise God. And then in verse 3 right before the verse that you wrote about today, Paul reminds us that God is a merciful Father and the source of all comfort.

The description that paul gives of God is awesome this morning. Our God gives us hope, peace and comfort for the day. May all glory be His through Christ Jesus!

Linda said...

Thinking of ya'll.