Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Complain, complain, complain


Numbers 14: 29

You will all drop dead in this wilderness! Because you complained against me, every one of you who is twenty years old or older and was included in the registration will die. You will not enter and occupy the land I swore to give you.

Complain! Complain! Complain! Takes on a whole new meaning now doesn't it?

Imagine…rather than trust the LORD they imagine the worst…I don't have to imagine I do this too…and I have the Holy Spirit in me. They didn't have the Holy Spirit in them, but they Had God traveling with them. Look at Number 14: 22…they have all seen my glorious presence and the miraculous signs I performed both in Egypt and the wilderness...

I think about these people walking through the parted red sea for them and then killing all the Egyptians…did they forget?

They were hungry so He sent food…did they forget?

Over and over and yet complain, complain…

No wonder, God was tired of hearing it.

I feel so much the pain that Moses, Caleb and Joshua must have felt when the words turn around and don't go toward the land…must have pained them. They were almost there and they are told to turn around.

On top of that that are told most all of the people will drop dead in the wilderness. Oh the sadness that must have taken over their being.

What a lesson for all of us to keep in mind - Be careful of complaining it could equal dying in the wilderness. It is true if you think about it, complaining often times keeps us from living. We waller in a situation and we die, because we refuse to trust that there might be a reason for the situation or the problem. We look at only a small part of the big plan and we complain…

I keep going back to the verse that we should all keep in our hearts and trust with all our being ~ And if the Lord is pleased with us, he will bring us safely into that land and give it to us. It goes on to remind us that we are protected and not to be afraid. WOW! I love this…I will not be afraid and I will remember who is with me! Most of all leave the complaining behind in the wilderness and don't die with it!

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I loved today's reading. In verse 28, God declared, "I will do to you the very things I heard you say."

Did you get that? The very things I heard you say. Does what we say and fear come true? I believe it might.

God has been so good to me, but yet I complain. How can this be? I am no different from the Israelites. Lord, please forgive my complaining and help me to turn from it and to remember all You have done for me.

thedubberlychick said...

Just this morning I was complaining, sort of. No one was here but me, so I just kind-of complained to myself. That's just as bad! I need to be more like Caleb, the Lord said he "has a different attitude than the others have."

The thought ran through my mind, I wonder if I would be like Caleb and Joshua or the other 10? Would I rely on the Lord or would I complain? Well, I'd probably be complaining like the Israelites. Forgive me, Lord!

I loved when the Lord told the Israelites to "make tassels for the hems of your clothing." These tassels were to be a reminder to follow the Lord and not their own desires.....

Debbie, I loved the picture of the dogs. It reminds me of Annie and Oreo complaining, or rather snapping, at Sally.