Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stop there!


Joshua 3:8

…take a few steps into the river and stop there.

How often does the Lord give us instructions to stop and wait?

I think more times than we like to think. Often times I believe God is telling us to wait.

Be still and know that He is God…Wait I will tell you when and we just think we didn't hear, so we plow right on through with our plans. I know that I've been guilty of this more times than I like to admit.

Imagine, the priests being told pick up the Ark take a few steps into the river and wait…

A river filled to the banks, in fact the words overflowing were used. They listened and were obedient and saw a God moment. As soon as the priests feet hit the water the water began to back up a great distance until the riverbed was dry. Wow!

What do we miss because we don't stop?

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

No comments: