Sunday, April 25, 2010

Do you really know me?


1 Chronicles 17:18

You know what your servant is really like.

David prayed and gave thanks remembering where God had taken him and where he was still going to take David's family. What did he do immediately? King David went in and sat before the Lord and prayed!

Last time you had great success what did you do? What did I do? Did I immediately go before the LORD and give thanks?

David truly is a man after God's own heart! I am so falling in love with David this time around reading the Word. He truly is obedient, thankful, and yet so human just like us. He messes up, but He always knows who God is…He remembers that God knows him, that God loves him, and that God forgives him…David knows God…How he spends time with HIM!

Yesterday we saw David worship with abandonment and he didn't care who saw him, today we see him worship alone with God and talk…He opens his heart and tells God you know me God and yet you still do great things for me. He reminds God that HE alone is God and never will there be another like you. He knows God so well that David realizes he received an eternal blessing! Wow… so have we …we received an eternal blessing on the cross, but do we realize it?

I want to be more like David…

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Debbie, there sure is alot to learn from David. In 2 Samuel 9:1-13, we see how David is a man of his word. He remembers his promise to Jonathan and wants to show kindness to anyone who is still alive from Saul's family for Jonathan's sake. Who could blame him if he didn't after the way Saul treated him? The Scripture reveals that David keeps his word.
May I be a woman of my word.

debbie said...

I know can you imagine? Mephibosheth saying who is this servant, that you show such kindness to a dead dog like me?
Don't you feel his pain? People had mistreated him badly and felt so undeserving of anything...