Saturday, April 24, 2010

Worship with all your heart


2 Samuel 6: 14

And David danced before the LORD with all his might, wearing a priestly garment.

David took off the royal robes.

David took off all pretenses.

David worshipped and did not care who watched.

David served God with all his strength!

David worshipped with all of himself!

I pondered this story today. I've read it many times and felt different feelings each time, but today it was more real to me. David only cared about the LORD – no one else…Do you worship like only the LORD matters?

I realized that at times I let other people and their thoughts interfere in my relationship with God. I don't worship with all my heart at times because of what others might think and I realized ouch….nothing should come between me and worshipping God.

Michal tried to rain on David's worship and he would not allow it. He told her that nothing and no one was going to interfere with his dancing before the LORD. David went on to say I will look foolish in my own eyes even but I will celebrate the LORD. WOW! Michal was punished because she talked about David and did not celebrate the LORD or put HIM first…it was still Michal's needs, her jealousy, her issues and it wasn't about the LORD.

Today, I look at this story with a whole new heart. A heart to worship only the LORD and never consider those around me and what they might think because after all only GOD'S thoughts matter when we worship HIM! A heart like David's – WOW!

Blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, first of all that picture is adorable! You have posed a good question for me to think about: Do I worship as though only the Lord matters? With a heart like David's, I probably couldn't hold it back.

David's prayer of thanks in 2 Samuel 7:18-29 was just beautiful.
May we proclaim like David did, "How great you are, O Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you. We have never even heard of another God like you!